Shut Out by Kod Keplinger
Kindle Edition, Poppy, 289 pages
Read on September 20, 2011
– I want Cash as a book boyfriend! Bortaness! (Gay term for a hot guy)
– And Chloe for a best friend.
– The psychological war between boys and girls is a new plot to me. I don’t usually read that in YA contemporary.
– The girls used the sex-strike tactic against the boys. (I’m only aware of hunger-strike and transport-strike.)
– There’s character development.
– Lissa is not just suffering from an occassional control-freak neurosis. Her preoccupation with control and exaggerated fear of losing control is too much.
– It’s as if she has a full-blown Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder.
– The “harana” scene was too cheesy. Eww. Imagine a group of tall, well-built soccer and football players singing N’sync’s Tearin’ Up My Heart. Is this Glee inspired? Panira ng pantasya ha.
– Logan isn’t acting like what a big brother should be. Or probably because of Lissa’s domineering character, he came out as a pussy.
I would have given this 5 Stars but Lissa’s OC attitude was way too much and I think she needs to see a psychiatrist.
I finished this book in just 4 hours. I’m suppose to get some sleep for the rest of the afternoon the other day but I ended up reading. Anyway, this was a good breather from Mockingjay!
Blurb and Book Cover: Goodreads