I intended to make this post earlier this month but work got in the way, I had no free time to check my blog. But it’s better late than never, right? I am pleasantly surprised to be nominated for the Liebster Award last month. Thanks to Bluetsky of Rants of a Pig-Rabbit for nominating my blog!
The roots of the award is hard to track down but according to Google, “the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.” Like any other blog awards being passed on in the blogosphere, there are rules you have to follow should you decide to accept the award:
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
Random Facts about Alona
I find this the easiest to comply with from the given rules. My book club, The Filipino Group, has a same thread in our Goodreads page. We have to list 25 things the members don’t know about us yet. Some of the entries I have here came from it; I only added a few things since a lot have changed from the time I made that post.
- I read whenever I had the chance to. I even tried reading while walking. I haven’t accidentally bump into anyone, much worse to a post/sliding glass door, yet.
- I cover all my books and put print out numbers on them. But then I still lost count of how many books I have. (Even with the printed numbering. Haha.)
- I don’t like tragic endings. I get depress and when I’m depressed, I eat.
- I’m a coffee addict since high school, because of that I was once hospitalized due to Gastritis but that didn’t stop me from drinking coffee. Now I’m having Acid Reflux and my doctor advised me to refrain from drinking coffee and sodas. (I’m hardheaded, I know.)
- I tried all growth vitamins when I was a kid but I didn’t even get past 5’. What is false advertisement.
- When I say “I’ll sleep early”, I really sleep early—early in the morning.
- I’m a nurse by profession but I’m working as part of the Support Group of a BPO company. Of course, I want to practice my profession someday and take Master of Arts in Nursing. Hopefully, I’d be able to do that no matter how long the wait would take. It’s just that with the economy today and the rate of jobless nurses, I have to be wise and practical.
- Since I started working in a call center, I can stay awake for 36 hours straight and spend 18+ hours in the office.
- I have three cats and they are Jodie, Dono and Lala. I have another cat before named Monmon but he died because of kidney stones. If you’re curious of how I got their names, it came from various television shows. Jodie is from Stairway to Heaven, Monmon and Dono are from Mojacko, and Lala is from Teletubies.
- My boyfriend and I love to eat. We go out of town primarily because of the delicacies the place has to offer. The tourist attractions are just secondary.
- I play online and console games but I’m not a hardcore gamer. As of now I play Ragnarok Online 2 but I don’t play console games as of late because I got so frustrated with Final Fantasy XIII. It’s so damn long, I can’t finish it.
Now on with Bluetsky’s questions:
Do you have a smartphone? What do you love about it?
Yes. I have a Nokia N900; it had been with me for 4 years now. It’s one of the last Nokia products with Maemo OS. Since the development of Maemo was stopped, I’m already thinking of getting a new android phone or maybe a tablet. But what makes it difficult to let go is because of its 32G internal memory that can be expanded up to 40G. Yep, imagine the files I have in this phone! Plus, I use this phone to write articles/posts whenever and wherever I want to.
If you are wondering if I’m one those people who name their gadgets, the answer is no. I don’t get it. I find it weird. Let’s say you’re looking for your phone and you’d yell, “Where the F is Dora?!” (Who would name their phone Dora? Hahaha) it’s a hassle explaining that Dora is the phone. LOL. No wonder, she’s missing.
Where is your dream travel destination?
Korea! It’s my top dream travel destination followed by Japan. I would love to see the places I see in KDramas. I like Korean food and it would be lovely to try their authentic dishes. Who knows? I might bump into Lee Min Ho.
If you are to have children, what would you name your firstborn?
My partner and I have to decide on that. I like the name Samantha Saria which I often use in my IGNs. If it’s a boy, oh well, I don’t know yet.
Why do you run a blog site?
I’m a frustrated writer. I’ve tried several times to write my own novel but I always ran out of words or rather I’d often have difficulty finding time sitting down and write. Running a blog site is a writing exercise and I enjoy doing it. I like sharing my thoughts on things that interest me. Interacting with people all over the world, even if their opinion is different from mine, is fun.
I haven’t visited a lot of blogs lately and my blogroll only consists of book bloggers. I’ll try to list blogs on topics that interest me. This is also a big post it reminder that I have to update my blogroll.
Erwin – he only started blogging last month and I stumbled on his blog when I was browsing the net for the Vice Ganda and Jessica Soho “gang rape joke” fiasco. He’s a fifteen year old aspiring journalist who gives his insights to socio-economic topics. He makes long posts but you’ll enjoy reading it.
Chibivy – I came across her blog when she commented in one of my book reviews. She does book reviews too but most of her content are personal posts. She’s a weird-wired kid who’s passionate in what she does.
Icesabel – I discovered her blog when I was looking for guides in building my sorc in RO2-SEA. She’s a hardcore gamer who blogs about her experiences in various MMO she plays(ed). She also talks about random things in her life, work and everything in between.
Val Christian – he’s a not a stranger I met online but he really is one of my real life friends. His photoblog, Strange Connections, showcases unique, full of emotion photos that he took in places he visits, in events he goes to, and people he accidentally bump into. I love the way he plays with words in describing his photos—really worth seeing.
Airiz – she’s a book blogger who loves to doodle. Her blog title, Cinderella in Combat Boots, is attention grabbing but what I like most in her blog are her creative, fun, personally made doodles. They’re so cute!
Here are my questions:
- Do you name your gadget(s)? If yes, what names did you give them?
- Can you list five things you can’t live without?
- If you’d be given a day to switch lives with anybody, who would it be?
- Can you share a quote from a movie you’ve seen or a book you’ve read that at one point became your life’s mantra?
- What’s the worst book/movie you’ve read/seen recently?
As much as I want to make my nominees sweat with questions like 4x2 + 1 – 2x2 + 2 = ?, I’d make our lives easier and give them (and me) less headache, I hate Algebra and complicated questions anyway. I had fun in making this post, answering Bluetsky’s questions, and discovering new blogs!